- 11-14 weeks scan
- screens for risk pregnancies
- 12 weeks anatomy and development check
- full diagnostic report and images
Nuchal NT Scan
A nuchal scan, or nuchal translucency (NT) scan, is often used as a screening test mainly for Down’s syndrome, as well as Edward’s and Patau’s syndromes and a number of major foetal abnormalities. The risk of Down’s syndrome and certain other abnormalities increases with the mother’s age.
Our team holds Fetal Medicine Foundation licence for 12 week Nuchal scan
What is nuchal translucency (NT)?
Nuchal translucency is a collection of fluid under the skin at the back of your baby’s neck. It is measured using ultrasound in order to evaluate risk of a Down’s syndrome. All babies have some fluid at the back of their neck, but those with Down’s syndrome will have an increased amount.
When and how is NT scan performed?
- Between 11 and 14 weeks of pregnancy
- or when your baby measures between 45mm (1.8in) and 84mm (3.3in)
- it is performed externally with the ultrasound probe gently gliding over the abdomen, although in some cases it may be required to have a transvaginal scan. Both are painless and safe for you and your pregnancy
- our NT scan includes a blood test, providing 97% accuracy in results
What will the scan examine?
- Amount of fluid at the back of the baby’s neck
- Presence or absence of baby’s nose bone,
- Full anatomy and development check for any abnormalities
- Mother’s blood sample determines the level of 2 hormones- free beta-hCG and the protein PAPP-A. Babies with Down’s syndrome tend to have high levels of hCG and low levels of PAPP-A.
What is included?
- 30 minute scan
- Blood test – results available on the same or the next day
- A full diagnostic report
- Free 4D preview
- Free pictures to take with you
Is someone available at the clinic to discuss further questions/ concerns after the scan?
Yes, an ultrasound specialist Doctor will be available to talk to if you have additional questions or concerns. Further tests including the Harmony Test of invasive test such as CVS or Amniocentesis can also be explained at depth.
We will ask you to show the report to your own Doctor or midwife. We can also provide details of the highly regarded Obstetricians and Fetal Medicine specialists we have been working with for many years, should you need any further advice and care.
What are the preparations for this scan?
Please arrive for the scan with full bladder or drink 4 glasses of water 1 hour before your appointment.
How easy is to book an appointment?
We introduced an easy and user friendly online booking system for your convenience.
We understand the pressures of our fast-lane lifestyles nowadays and strive to meet your busy schedule by offering a fast-track, same day appointments during weekdays and Saturdays, as well as 2 evening clinics on alternate days each week.
Call us now on 020 7935 4417 or 07501 701 701 to discuss your requirements or book online.
Price : £180.00 including blood tests