- 6-12 weeks scan
- confirmation and dating of pregnancy
- estimated due date
- measurements of an embryo
What is an early pregnancy scan?
An early pregnancy, also referred to as viability or dating scan is performed from 6 weeks of pregnancy. It will confirm a pregnancy, its viability and establish an estimated due date. The scan is available to all women, and particularly recommended where there has been pain, bleeding or history of complications in previous pregnancies.
It is not normally available on NHS which is an added reason why our team at the Clinic strives to offer the best care and reassurance to our patients during this initial stage of their pregnancy.
What will the scan examine?
- The scan will measure the size of a gestational sac or an embryo, confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy and an estimated due date
- Checking for the correct intra-uterine position of the pregnancy, in order to establish whether the pregnancy is ectopic
- Listening for the foetal heartbeat at this stage, in order to assess the viability of the pregnancy
How is the early scan done?
The scan is usually performed trans-abdominal, with the ultrasound probe gliding gently across the surface of your abdomen.
However, if the pregnancy is in its earliest stage, or in case there is a concern over possible ectopic pregnancy, a trans-vaginal scan might be necessary in order to provide the best results. Both methods are entirely free of pain or discomfort, but please do let us know if you have any concerns or questions with regards to either method.
What is included?
Following your scan you will immediately be provided with:
- A full diagnostic ultrasound report
- Black and white images
- Free 3D preview
What are the preparations for this scan?
A full bladder will improve the visibility of the pregnancy by trans-abdominal scan.
How easy is to book an appointment?
We introduced an easy and user friendly online booking system for your convenience. We understand the pressures of our fast-lane lifestyles nowadays and strive to meet your busy schedule by offering a fast-track, same day appointments during weekdays and Saturdays, as well as 2 evening clinics on alternate days each week.
Call us now on 020 7935 4417 or 07501 701 701 to discuss your requirements or book online.
Price : £99.00